WHO WE ARE.
The Disabled American Veterans of Minnesota is membership group made up of women and men who have been disabled in our nation’s defense.
WHAT WE DO.
We are dedicated to one clear mission – to better the lives of Minnesota’s disabled veterans and their families. We employ a variety of strategies to help us achieve this mission:
- We provide free, professional assistance to veterans and their families in obtaining benefits and services earned through military service and provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other agencies of government;
- We provide outreach concerning its program services to the American people generally and to disabled veterans and their families specifically;
- We represent the interests if disabled veterans; their families; their widowed spouses and their orphans before Congress, the White House, and the Judicial Branch, as well as state and local government;
- We extend DAV’s mission of hope into the communities where these veterans and their families live through a network of state-level Departments and local Chapters; and
- We provide a structure through which disabled veterans can express their compassion for their fellow veterans through a variety of volunteer programs.